Planning Permission Requirements for Garden Rooms
With Crown Pavilions set for a bumper year installing beautiful garden rooms up and down the country, it’s always worth knowing the law regarding planning permission.
Planning a Garden Room
Our pavilions are considered to be permitted development (i.e not requiring an application for planning permission) provided that the following conditions are met:
- Outbuildings within the grounds of a listed building are not considered permitted development.
- Outbuildings that extend the principal elevation of the house (what is generally understood as the front of the house) are not permitted development.
- Outbuildings must not be used as separate, self-contained living accommodation.
- Outbuilding must be single storey with a maximum eaves height of 2.5 metres, and maximum overall height of 4 metres.
- IF the outbuilding is within 2 metres of the property boundary, then the whole building should not exceed 2.5 metres in height.
Crown Pavilions has a commitment to ensure all garden house structures conform to legal regulations – and very rarely do our customers have to consider applying for planning permission.
Director and co-founder Luke Dejahang said: “We’re seeing a spike of sales for this time of year – thanks mainly to a successful London Boat Show – and it’s important customers know and appreciate what they can and can’t do.
“Crown Pavilions feel a duty of care to ensure that all of our buildings, and their location, fall within the designated guidelines.
“Continuing our theme that Crown Pavilions ‘make memories all year round’, we had plenty of people coming to visit us and placing orders. 2017 has the makings of being our best-ever year.”
Contact Crown Pavilions
For further information on planning permission, check out the Planning Portal, or give our customer service team a call on 01491 612820. Alternatively, if you have any questions regarding our luxury garden rooms, then you can contact us online and an expert member of the Crown Pavilions team will get back to you as soon as possible.